We value your privacy and maintaining it is very important to us. We have formulated our Data Policy to make important disclosures about how you can use uSchola to share content and information with others and how we collect and can use your content and information. Please read our Data Policy, and use it to make informed decisions.
2. Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on uSchola. However, the following rules are applicable to the share content:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, such as photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with uSchola (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a way similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about uSchola, but you understand that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep uSchola safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep uSchola safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on uSchola.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access uSchola, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on uSchola.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not use uSchola to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of uSchola, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other uSchola functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
4. Registration and Account Security
uSchola users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to maintain that. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on uSchola, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use uSchola if you are under 13.
- You will not use uSchola if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
5. Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on uSchola that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on uSchola if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except with our prior written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on uSchola.
6. Mobile platform policy
- Our mobile services are currently delivered for free, but your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will still apply for all your usage.
- You will update your account information on uSchola within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number when you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number.
- You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on uSchola.
7. Policies Applicable to Software
- If you download or use our software, such as a stand-alone software product, an app, or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software may download and install upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance, and further develop the software.
- You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from our software, unless you are permitted to do so under an open source license, or we give you explicit written permission.
- We will notify you before we make changes to these terms and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services.
- If we make changes to policies, guidelines or other terms referenced in or incorporated by this Statement, we may provide notice on the Site Governance Page.
- Your continued use of the uSchola Services, following notice of the changes to our terms, policies or guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms, policies or guidelines.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of uSchola to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but the following provisions will still apply: 2.2, 3-5, and 9-13.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on uSchola, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on uSchola and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on uSchola. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on uSchola. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of uSchola.
- We try to keep uSchola up, bug-free, and safe, but you use it at your own risk. We are providing uSchola as is without any express or implied warranties including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We do not guarantee that uSchola will always be safe, secure or error-free or that uSchola will always function without disruptions, delays or imperfections. uSchola is not responsible for the actions, content, information, or data of third parties, and you release us, our directors, officers, employees, and agents from any claims and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any claim you have against any such third parties. We will not be liable to you for any lost profits or other consequential, special, indirect, or incidental damages arising out of or in connection with this statement or uSchola, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages
11. Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside Canada
We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with uSchola outside Canada:
- You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in Canada.
- If you are located in a country embargoed by Canada you will not engage in commercial activities on uSchola (such as advertising or payments) or operate a Platform application or website. You will not use uSchola if you are prohibited from receiving products, services, or software originating from Canada.
- By “uSchola” or “uSchola Services” we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.uSchola.com and any other uSchola branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; and (c) other media, brands, products, services, software, devices, or networks now existing or later developed. uSchola reserves the right to designate, in its sole discretion, that certain of our brands, products, or services are governed by separate terms and not this Statements of Rights and Responsibilities(SRR).
- By "Platform" we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from uSchola or provide data to us.
- By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with uSchola.
- By "content" we mean anything you or other users post, provide or share using uSchola Services.
- By "data" or "user data" or "user's data" we mean any data, including a user's content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from uSchola or provide to uSchola through Platform.
- By "post" we mean post on uSchola or otherwise make available by using uSchola.
- By "use" we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By "application" we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
- This Statement is an agreement between you and uSchola, Inc. References to “us,” “we,” and “our” mean uSchola Inc.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding uSchola, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not explicitly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing uSchola.